There have been a number of burglaries in your area and as Christmas is nearly here, we are asking you to make it more difficult for would-be burglars.
Burglars aren’t afraid of taking advantage of homes that are left insecure, so please ensure your home is as secure as possible. Please ensure windows are closed and locked when you are not at home, and if you are going out please make sure you use timers on your lights so that your house doesn’t look empty.
Top tips to minimise your chances of becoming a victim of crime:
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house
- Before you go out, is there anything outside your house that could be used to break in? Lock tools and ladders away in a shed
- Ensure your side gate is locked and that any fences surrounding your garden are in good condition
- Ensure your car keys are hidden out of sight and away from your letterbox
- If you’re heading away for the weekend, ask a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your home and report any suspicious activity via 101
- Activate tracking devices on any new phones
- Mark any new equipment with UV property marking pens - property marking can’t prevent things being stolen, but can act as a deterrent and if found, can be returned to its rightful owner more quickly
Burglary remains a priority for the Police and we can help them by making it more difficult for the would be burglar to be successful.
Have a happy and safe Christmas and New Year.