Bedfordshire Police along with Biggleswade Community Safety Group will be doing an Operation Beneke today Saturday 06/01/18 from 2pm outside Sainsbury's Local on Kings Reach, this is your opportunity to speak to Local Officers and the Safety Group.
We have had an increase in theft from vehicles overnight in Biggleswade some including tools being removed. Please see below the crime prevention advice on leaving tools in vans.
- Keep Vehicle locked and your keys secure.
- Park in a well-lit area and in clear view of your property and any CCTV cameras.
- If possible, reverse park against a wall or fence so rear doors are inaccessible. If possible, park to protect side doors too.
- Unload as many tools as you can from the van. It may seem like a chore but it's better than not being able to work tomorrow!
- Call 999 immediately if you see a crime in progress or any suspicious activity around trade vans. Note any registrations numbers of vehicles and descriptions of those involved.
Keep an up-to-date lists of tools, including photographs and serial numbers and register them on www.immobilise.com - this is FREE. This will help all UK police forces to trace owners if the property is recovered.