Fri 13 December 2019

Your Local Area

Enter your postcode to find Neighbourhood Watch schemes and crime statistics for your area

Officers urge the public to report any concerns in their area

Alert message sent 23/07/2019 16:30:00

Information sent on behalf of Bedfordshire Police

Community officers are urging members of the public to get in touch if they know of any suspicious activity taking place in their area.
Information from the public plays a significant part in helping officers gather intelligence to build a bigger picture of crime in a particular area, and is also vital in helping detectives with their lines of enquiries in an ongoing investigation.
PC Emma Underwood from the North Bedfordshire Community Policing team, said: “We want to encourage members of the community to tell us if they know of crime being committed in their area or have seen something they don’t think is quite right.
“Some people worry they might be wasting our time by calling us, or they are not sure whether to call 101 or 999, so we want to allay those concerns by reassuring people that there are many ways in which they can report information to us.
“Always call 999 in an emergency or if the crime is in progress. But we recognise there are occasions when people need to contact us and it is not an emergency, which is why we have different ways for people to get in touch.
“The non-emergency 101 number was introduced for non-urgent enquiries, and we also have our live webchat service, and the reporting tool on our website, which gives people the opportunity to contact us online.”
When to call 999:
  • If life is at risk; for example if you have broken down on a live lane of the motorway, if someone is being threatened or exposed to violent behaviour.
  • If a serious crime is on-going; for example if a burglary is in progress

When to call 101, use our online reporting tool or use the web chat live:
  • To report a crime no longer in progress; for example if you get home from a holiday to find your house has been broken in
  • To give information about crime you believe is happening in your area; for example drug dealing.
  • To report anti-social behaviour
  • To contact your community policing team
  • Any other police enquiries that do not require an emergency response
Message sent by
Julie Allen (Police, Communications Officer, B)

Message tag words

Back to previous page
Click here to tweet this message to your followers

Discuss this alert message

Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).

The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to

The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service.