Bedford and District Neighbourhood Watch Association is a registered charity formed to provide support to Neighbourhood Watch Coordinators and member households throughout Bedford Borough.
The objects of the Association are:
1. To promote, for the benefit of the public, good citizenship, community development and greater public participation in the prevention and solution of crime.
2. To promote public support for the efforts of the Police Service and other safety partners, in the protection of people and property from, and the prevention of, criminal acts within the boundaries of Bedford Borough Council
The Association aims to build strong, vibrant, safe communities by providing support which will enable:
1. Better communication between residents, the Police Service and other safety partners.
The Association is governed by a Board of Trustees which meets every month.
2. Reduced opportunities for crime to occur.
3. Reduction in the fear of crime.
4. Increased Community Spirit.
5. Improved Community Safety.
6. A better quality of life for residents.
Meetings with the membership are held four times a year and are currently open to all members (see the Events section of this site for the date of the next meeting).