Wed 06 July 2022

Your Local Area

Enter your postcode to find Neighbourhood Watch schemes and crime statistics for your area

Reporting crimes and incidents to the police


Neighbourhood Watch is keen to support a better awareness of reporting crimes and incidents to the police. Each report that is submitted is logged and if the same problem persists, or frequently occurs, then we would encourage each occurrence to be reported to the police. This helps the police decide on priorities for action.


We have been asked to pass on, through our members, the following information.


There are a number of options available for reporting crime and incidents of crime, and the first two are familiar to us: i.e.:

101 for non-urgent calls and 999 for emergency calls. 

You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if your car has been stolen, your property has been damaged, you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood.

Or to:

Give the police information about crime in your area, or speak to the police about a general enquiry.

You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, or when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.


A third option is available using the reporting page found on Bedfordshire Police’s website.

At the top of the front page of the website is a red link to ‘on line reporting’. Clicking on this link takes you to a new page giving a number of options through which to report your concerns or incidents.

These pages are constantly monitored and reviewed.

This is a better option for anyone who feels more able to write down rather than speak out their concerns.


A fourth option is through Crimestoppers, an organisation independent of the police. All calls through Crimestoppers are anonymous and the police are not given any personal information regarding the caller. Crimestoppers number is 0800 555 111 and is the same wherever you live in the UK.